Return to our main page

Go to our Google Group

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Getting somewhere with XPCOM

I was just looking at a simple JavaScript XPCOM tutorial, and suddenly, it just all made sense!

I will attempt to add a JavaScript XPCOM component to the source code soon, and if that all works, hopefully it will not be much harder to add a C++ one, and then the extension will start to look like... it!

- Josh

Edit: For those geeks out there... I am having some problems with SVN, but I managed to compile something.

I just copied and pasted all the code from this page. It may only be a hello world, but that hello world will be from a xpcom component. I am currently testing it to see if it works.

I managed to compile everything fine, as I said, I haven't tested it yet, but will. When I get SVN fixed and a working copy, I will upload it to SVN, and then start working on a C++ version of the same component. Once that is done, BitFox will be on its way.

No comments: