Return to our main page

Go to our Google Group

Monday, March 5, 2007

If anyone is able to help with XPCOM

XPCOM makes my head hurt. It is the only language/system/etc that I haven't been able to understand. It shouldn't be that hard to compile a simple C++ file into a component, and then have that component accessable by the FF extension (I know how to do the latter, it is just compiling it I am having problems with).

I am able to work on other parts of the extension for now, but I put out this plea for anyone experienced with XPCOM and C++ (I am all good with C++, but XPCOM and C++, ouch). If you are experienced with XPCOM and C++, please email me, josh@joshhendo.com. It would be great if you could join the project (see the main page), but just been able to help me compile some simple C++ code into a component would be great.

BitFox won't get anywhere without any help. Hopefully Ben from FireStorm will get back to me soon and put me in the right direction!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish i could help you...

but i see that noone answers..

did you try in developing forums to ask for help there if help doesn't come... go to search for it :)

Josh said...

I have joined the XPCOM and Extension mailing list, and will ask there for some help!

Hopefully, when I get this done, BitFox should start to look more... real :).